BURLINGTON, Mass., April 28, 2008 — Acronis, Inc. , today announced Acronis Recovery for MS Exchange, a backup and recovery software program specifically designed to quickly and cost-effectively restores damaged Microsoft Exchange installations to working order. It the latest in a family of backup and recovery software purpose-built for databases.
Acronis Recovery for MS Exchange is based on the company’s proven backup and disaster recovery software, but is specifically designed to meet the needs of IT managers looking for a Microsoft Exchange-specific backup program. It enables customers to restore Microsoft Exchange to working order back to the point of failure without having to completely re-install Exchange. Instead, this one-step process returns an Exchange database to the last known good state just before failure.
Further, restorations are faster and the backup files are smaller due to Acronis’ ability to back up and restore individual emails, files, folders and mailboxes and not the entire Exchange application.
Microsoft Exchange mailbox servers contain storage groups, logs, mailboxes, public folders, mails, and other components that structure the data. With Acronis Recovery for MS Exchange, restoring e-mail data, be it individual e-mails, mailboxes or the entire database, can be done from any kind of backup, including database and brick-level.
In the event of a hardware failure, customers can use the software in conjunction with Acronis True Image Echo backup software with Universal Restore to do a bare-metal restore to a completely different piece of hardware and have the Exchange Server back in service very quickly.
“E-mail is the lifeblood for most businesses, and Microsoft Exchange is the heart of most corporate e-mail systems today,” said Walter Scott, CEO of Acronis. “If something happens to the Exchange server, the first priority is getting e-mail back up and running as quickly as possible. Acronis Recovery for MS Exchange drastically reduces disaster recovery time from hours to minutes. A purpose-built backup product such as this helps small- to mid-size businesses create a disaster recovery program that delivers a high level of protection and provides tools to ensure business continuity.”
- Hot Backup – Backup can be performed while the Microsoft Exchange service in online and serving clients, allowing for 24/7 availability
- Restore E-mail from Database-level backup – Customer can restore specific mails from database level backup
- The Backup Strategy Assistant – Creates a Disaster Recovery Plan for any environment, delivering step-by-step instructions for recovery. Following the wizard’s instruction, anyone can schedule backup jobs and restore a system rapidly, be they an experienced database administrator or not
- Centralized Management – The Management Console provides a single point for the entire infrastructure, making it easy to manage and track backup and recovery activities
- Intuitive, wizard-driven GUI – Guides users through the scheduling process and reduces the possibility for errors
- FTP capability for storing backups on any FTP server, worldwide
- Customizable compression rates – Reduces the amount of data to store and transfer, leading to direct cost savings in infrastructure costs and labor
- High performance and speeds due to the ability to restore data (mailboxes, public folders or individual e-mails) from a database-level backup, rather than time-consuming brick-level backups
- Resource Management – Enables CPU and bandwidth throttling to allocate resources during the backup process to ensure users remain productive
- Bare-metal Restore – Bare-metal restore feature provides ability to restore a whole production server (operating system and all databases, configuration files, and data) on an unconfigured system from a bootable CD or by PXE
Acronis is a global provider of leading backup, disaster recovery, and secure file sharing and file access solutions. Founded in 2002 Acronis has established itself as a fast-growing international company with more than 700 employees in 18 countries and partners in almost every country in the world. Acronis provides complete, efficient and reliable backup solutions for desktop, server, virtual and cloud environments as well as leading file sharing and sync solutions for mobile devices.
Acronis knows backup. The proof is in the more than 50 advanced backup and recovery technologies developed to date. Over 4.5 million consumers, small and medium businesses and service providers employ Acronis products to protect their critical data.
The company’s flagship product Acronis Backup & Recovery delivers sophisticated technology solutions packaged in an easy-to-use way that allows smaller companies to address their new enterprise-level requirements. Enterprises also use Acronis solutions to address their point disaster recovery, migration and end-point backup needs.
Acronis® and the Acronis logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Acronis International GmbH in the United States and/or other countries.