BURLINGTON, Mass., April 9, 2008 — Acronis, Inc., a provider of affordable, scalable storage management and disaster recovery software, today announced the general availability of Acronis Snap Deploy 3.0, which enables IT managers to quickly and easily configure and deploy multiple computers simultaneously.
Acronis Snap Deploy 3.0 provides a hassle-free experience for businesses adding new computers. Instead of configuring each individual machine and then installing the applications, customers use the software to quickly install a standard, identical image — including the operating system and all applications — on every machine.
“Since launching the beta of Acronis Snap Deploy 3.0 last month, we received praise for the time-saving, straightforward process it affords IT professionals,” said Walter Scott, CEO of Acronis. “Companies of all sizes can ensure that employees are up and running in minutes with a new system, rather than hours or days. Users find this product particularly useful in applications where system configurations are standardizes, such as in the education and government markets, as well as for sales and general office applications.”
About Acronis Snap Deploy 3.0
Image configurations created by Acronis Snap Deploy can be installed from an optical disk or multicast simultaneously to tens or hundreds of computers over a local area network. With the separately licensed Acronis Universal Deploy add-on, IT managers can configure new systems with different hardware and still use the original saved image. Device drivers and the Hardware Abstraction Layer can be automatically or manually selected as needed to ensure proper booting of the computer. The product is available in workstation and for server versions.
New features in Version 3.0 include:
- Wake-on-LAN allows remote boot of shut down computers even if they are not located in one network with Acronis Deploy Server;
- Deployment scheduling enables flexible deployment planning;
- A centralized management console provides the ability to create and manage deployment tasks from one location;
- Full Microsoft Windows Server 2008 support ensures compatibility with the latest Microsoft technologies;
- Flexible licensing for both workstations and servers;
- Custom deployment enables authorized end-users to self-deploy systems by choosing a pre-configured deployment task from the network boot menu;
- Preinstalled environment (PE) support (WinPE 2.0/BartPE) permits automatic deployment and script execution under PE, including a PXE media builder;
- Full security ensures MAC filtering, the ability to password-protect an image, and prevents unauthorized execution of the Acronis bootable components
Acronis is a global provider of leading backup, disaster recovery, and secure file sharing and file access solutions. Founded in 2002 Acronis has established itself as a fast-growing international company with more than 700 employees in 18 countries and partners in almost every country in the world. Acronis provides complete, efficient and reliable backup solutions for desktop, server, virtual and cloud environments as well as leading file sharing and sync solutions for mobile devices.
Acronis knows backup. The proof is in the more than 50 advanced backup and recovery technologies developed to date. Over 4.5 million consumers, small and medium businesses and service providers employ Acronis products to protect their critical data.
The company’s flagship product Acronis Backup & Recovery delivers sophisticated technology solutions packaged in an easy-to-use way that allows smaller companies to address their new enterprise-level requirements. Enterprises also use Acronis solutions to address their point disaster recovery, migration and end-point backup needs.
Acronis® and the Acronis logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Acronis International GmbH in the United States and/or other countries.